Your local Labour candidates standing in this years Durham County Council for the Coxhoe division are Stuart Dunn, Maura McKeon and Maria Plews.
John Stuart Dunn
The County Council division of Coxhoe, covers the 12 villages of: Bowburn, Cassop, Coxhoe, Croxdale, Hett, Kelloe, Old Cassop, Old Quarrington, Parkhill, Quarrington Hill, Sunderland Bridge and Tursdale.
Your Labour Party candidates, Stuart Dunn, Maura McKeon and Maria Plews will work for and support all of these communities.
Stuart and Maura your current Labour Councillors have attended all meetings of Cassop-cum-Quarrington, Coxhoe, Croxdale & Hett and Kelloe Parish Council Meetings each Wednesday and held surgeries before most of them to listen to your issues. As meetings went online during the pandemic they attended those too. They’ve also attended meetings of Bowburn & Parkhill Partnership, Hett Village Hall, Kelloe Partnership and others too.
They have worked with Parish Councils and community Groups to help deliver priorities for your community, in addition to the many issues raised by constituents for them to deal with. We have supported:
- Local jobs through Integra 61
- New Bowburn Primary School
- Tree planting at Cassop & Quarrington Hill
- Foodbank provision at Coxhoe Village Hall
- Defibrillators across the ward including Croxdale
- Restoration of Hett Village Hall
- Free School Meal and Holiday Hunger provision
- Road Safety improvements at Kelloe
- Rejection of planning applications at Old Cassop and Old Quarrington
- Additional planters and grit bins including Parkhill
- WW1 Tommies including Sunderland Bridge
- Closing nuisance Lay-By and new park at Tursdale
- Infrastructure for Christmas Lights and Trees
- New Outdoor facilities for Bowburn Youth Project
By electing Stuart, Maura and Maria as your County Councillors you will have dedicated, hard-working, community representatives who understand the issues and concerns residents have.
Make your vote count and support all 3 Labour Party candidates on Thursday 6th May.