With hospitals facing closure, operations postponed, patients waiting in corridors and healthcare professionals under unprecedented levels of pressure, it’s clear our NHS is in the middle of the worst crisis in its existence.
Our incredible NHS Staff are working tirelessly to maintain services and care for the patients many of them in desperate need of medical attention. However, no matter how dedicated the staff are, they cannot fix a broken system due to funding cuts, privatisation, cuts in training and fragmentation of health and social care.
The Tories are letting Patients down and presiding over an NHS in Crisis – December’s monthly A&E figures were the worst on record. Across England:
- over 300,000 people waited longer than fours hours in A&E
- almost 70,000 patients waited longer than four hours on trolleys for a hospital bed
- so far this winter more than 92,000 patients have been stuck in the back of ambulances outside hospitals
- the latest figures show 1 in 4 patients waited a week or more to speak to a GP or nurse or didn’t get an appointment at all.
The Labour Party warned the Government back in October that this Winter Crisis would occur unless urgent action was taken and of course they failed to act. Labour offers an immediate fix to the NHS Crisis by prescribing:
- £37 billion extra investment in the NHS
- Cut waiting lists by 1 million people by guaranteeing treatment within 18 weeks
- Put safe staffing levels into law
- Halt Tory hospital closure plans
Please show your support for the NHS by sharing this article on social media. If you are able to deliver some NHS leaflets near where you live please contact Chris Turner by email firstname.lastname@example.org