We have been successfully campaigning in our Branches and Constituency for many years and therefore you may wonder why we need a new Campaign Strategy. I believe there are several reasons:
- Engaging with our new members who have different ideas of campaigning
- An increase in our use of digital and social media campaigning
- More efficient use of technology so we can move away from paper based canvassing
- Ensure we engage with all our communities
- Building the support of the Public by running exciting campaigns
The attached document is a basis to start conversations with members, elected representatives, your Branches and at the Constituency. I encourage all members to download and read the Draft Campaign Strategy and email your comments to firstname.lastname@example.org
I will also be asking to attend Branch meetings to have group discussions. We need to recognise that we may not be able to all move forward at the same pace and how some of these changes are introduced will vary in different Branches.
The CLP Campaign Committee Meetings in October and November will also provide an opportunity to discuss this draft strategy so please do make every effort to attend.
Thank-you for your support
Chris Turner, CLP Campaign Officer